Storm 1.0.1 Released
Posted on May 6, 2016 by P. Taylor Goetz
The Apache Storm community is pleased to announce that version 1.0.1 has been released and is available from the downloads page.
This is a maintenance release that includes a number of important bug fixes that improve Storm's performance, stability and fault tolerance. We encourage users of previous versions to upgrade to this latest release.
This release includes performance improvements to Storm's internal messaging system. The maximum rate at which spouts can emit data has nearly doubled, and performance of inter-task communication has improved.
Special thanks are due to all those who have contributed to Apache Storm -- whether through direct code contributions, documentation, bug reports, or helping other users on the mailing lists. Your efforts are much appreciated.
- STORM-1741: remove unconditional setting of JAVA_HOME from storm-env.sh
- STORM-1739: update the minor JAVA version dependency in 0.10.0 and above
- STORM-1727: document 1.0 package renaming and how to use the migration tool
- STORM-1733: Flush stdout and stderr before calling "os.execvp" to prevent log loss.
- STORM-1729: Get rid of reflections while recording stats
- STORM-1731: Avoid looking up debug / backpressure enable flags within critical path
- STORM-1535: Make sure hdfs key tab login happens only once for multiple bolts/executors.
- STORM-1725: Kafka Spout New Consumer API - KafkaSpoutRetryExponential Backoff method should use HashMap instead of TreeMap not to throw Exception
- STORM-1544: Document Debug/Sampling of Topologies
- STORM-1679: add storm Scheduler documents
- STORM-1704: When logviewer_search.html opens daemon file, next search always show no result
- STORM-1714: StatefulBolts ends up as normal bolts while using TopologyBuilder.setBolt without parallelism
- STORM-1683: only check non-system streams by default
- STORM-1680: Provide configuration to set min fetch size in KafkaSpout
- STORM-1649: Optimize Kryo instaces creation in HBaseWindowsStore
- STORM-1696: status not sync if zk fails in backpressure
- STORM-1693: Move stats cleanup to executor shutdown
- STORM-1585: Add DDL support for UDFs in storm-sql
- STORM-1681: Bug in scheduling cyclic topologies when scheduling with RAS
- STORM-1706: Add RELEASE and storm-env.sh to storm-diet assembly
- STORM-1613: Upgraded HBase version to 1.1.0
- STORM-1687: divide by zero in stats