Storm 1.0.6 Released
Posted on Feb 14, 2018 by P. Taylor Goetz
The Apache Storm community is pleased to announce that version 1.0.5 has been released and is available from the downloads page.
This is a maintenance release that includes a number of important bug fixes that improve Storm's performance, stability and fault tolerance. We encourage users of previous versions to upgrade to this latest release.
Apache Kafka Integration Improvements
This release includes many improvements to Storm's Kafka integration that improve stability, ease configuration, and expose new features. More details can be found in the
Kafka client documentation
Special thanks are due to all those who have contributed to Apache Storm -- whether through direct code contributions, documentation, bug reports, or helping other users on the mailing lists. Your efforts are much appreciated.
Changes in this Release
- [STORM-2877] - Introduce an option to configure pagination in Storm UI
- [STORM-2917] - Check the config(nimbus.host) before using it to connect
- [STORM-2451] - windows storm.cmd does not set log4j2 config file correctly by default
- [STORM-2690] - resurrect invocation of ISupervisor.assigned() & make Supervisor.launchDaemon() accessible
- [STORM-2751] - Remove AsyncLoggingContext from Supervisor
- [STORM-2764] - HDFSBlobStore leaks file system objects
- [STORM-2771] - Some tests are being run twice
- [STORM-2786] - Ackers leak tracking info on failure and lots of other cases.
- [STORM-2853] - Deactivated topologies cause high cpu utilization
- [STORM-2856] - Make Storm build work on post 2017Q4 Travis Trusty image
- [STORM-2870] - FileBasedEventLogger leaks non-daemon ExecutorService which prevents process to be finished
- [STORM-2879] - Supervisor collapse continuously when there is a expired assignment for overdue storm
- [STORM-2892] - Flux test fails to parse valid PATH environment variable
- [STORM-2894] - fix some random typos in tests
- [STORM-2912] - Tick tuple is being shared without resetting start time and incur side-effect to break metrics
- [STORM-2918] - Upgrade Netty version
- [STORM-2874] - Minor style improvements to backpressure code
- [STORM-2937] - Overwrite storm-kafka-client 1.x-branch into 1.0.x-branch