Storm 1.1.3 Released
Posted on Jun 4, 2018 by P. Taylor Goetz
The Apache Storm community is pleased to announce that version 1.1.3 has been released and is available from the downloads page.
This is a maintenance release that includes a number of important bug fixes that improve Storm's performance, stability and fault tolerance. We encourage users of previous versions to upgrade to this latest release.
Special thanks are due to all those who have contributed to Apache Storm -- whether through direct code contributions, documentation, bug reports, or helping other users on the mailing lists. Your efforts are much appreciated.
Changes in this Release
- [STORM-3011] - Use default bin path in flight.bash if $JAVA_HOME is undefined
- [STORM-3039] - Ports of killed topologies remain in TIME_WAIT state preventing to start new topology
- [STORM-2911] - SpoutConfig is serializable but does not declare a serialVersionUID field
- [STORM-2978] - The fix for STORM-2706 is broken, and adds a transitive dependency on Zookeeper 3.5.3-beta for projects that depend on e.g. storm-kafka
- [STORM-2979] - WorkerHooks EOFException during run_worker_shutdown_hooks
- [STORM-2981] - Upgrade Curator to lastest patch version
- [STORM-2985] - Add jackson-annotations to dependency management
- [STORM-2989] - LogCleaner should preserve current worker.log.metrics
- [STORM-2994] - KafkaSpout consumes messages but doesn't commit offsets
- [STORM-3043] - NullPointerException thrown in SimpleRecordTranslator.apply()
- [STORM-3052] - Let blobs un archive
- [STORM-3059] - KafkaSpout throws NPE when hitting a null tuple if the processing guarantee is not AT_LEAST_ONCE
- [STORM-2960] - Better to stress importance of setting up proper OS account for Storm processes
- [STORM-3060] - Configuration mapping between storm-kafka & storm-kafka-client
- [STORM-2952] - Deprecate storm-kafka in 1.x
- [STORM-3005] - [DRPC] LinearDRPCTopologyBuilder shouldn't be deprecated
- [STORM-2841] - testNoAcksIfFlushFails UT fails with NullPointerException